Some things I know:
- When people in Bombay say “it’s gotten cold”, this corresponds to a physical air temperature that is just the slightest bit below what it takes to make me sweat profusely.
- The sounds of the Adhan from a nearby mosque will always make me feel a shiver of joy and a sense of calm. Here it punctuates my working time.
- Chai and coffee are not the same thing when you wake up in the morning. I love the chai, don’t get me wrong, but it is not coffee.
- There’s a difference between a City and a Village, and it’s not the size of the urban agglomeration.
- Mapping presents a serious challenge when you continually want to know more and more about a place. The best way to produce a map is to turn off your brain, note down what you think you know, and don’t question your “accuracy”.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!